The Employ-Ability Program is a national program developed for Canadians with physical disabilities. The aim of the program is to prepare our clients for future employment opportunities.
Do you qualify for the program?
Offered at no cost to qualifying clients, our Employ-Ability Program serves people with all types of physical disabilities.
You may apply to enroll if you:
- Have a disability (self declared -we do not require medical notes, medical forms or doctors signatures)
- Are of legal working age
- Are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Are unemployed or underemployed (less than an average of 20 hours per week)
- Have the goal of obtaining full-time, part-time, or self-employment; or would like to further your education
With a holistic approach to employment issues, Employ-Ability offered across Canada provides a unique learning opportunity within a flexible and supportive environment.
The program is comprised of three core modules that touch on every aspect of employment.
Wellness for Work
Employment Liaison and Work Experience
While participating in this program, you will be able to make a positive change in your life while learning skills. Staff members will work with you in group sessions and on an individual basis to enable you to:
- Identify your skills, values and interests
- Boost your self confidence
- Take part in an on-line learning environment using a computer
- Focus and develop your abilities and skills
- Enhance your communication skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Discover the hidden job market
- Learn how to write a resume and cover letter
- Improve your job interview skills
- Learn how to use assistive technology
The placement process is different for every client. Your personal objective determines whether you are ready for job search, volunteer placement or whether you will need to do some training first.
When you are ready for employment or volunteer work…
The Job Developer will work with you to assist you in your search for a part-time or full-time position. Services include:
- A resource centre
- Cover letter and resume upgrade
- Individual job search consultation and coaching
- Coaching to improve interview skills
- Assistance with workplace accommodations
Once you are working, your counsellor will continue to provide ongoing support and follow-up to ensure that you are comfortable in your work environment and confident in your new job.
What makes the Employ-Ability Program unique?
The Program uses a combination of:
- Individual self-paced services and a customized action plan based on your specific needs
- Professional staff who are committed to helping you achieve your goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of supports, accommodations, and adaptive technologies that are designed to facilitate successful transitions to the workplace
- Up-to-date knowledge of the ever-changing labour market
The Neil Squire Society works with local community agencies across Canada to offer complete employment preparation, career exploration, skills development, disability support and job linkages. For more information on partnering with us Please e-mail us at email@example.com
The Employ-Ability Program is offered across Canada. The components of the program vary by region. For specific information please click on the city that is closest to your location.
Miramichi, New Brunswick