Specialized Ergonomics and Assistive Technology
Solutions is a team of Occupational Therapists and Assistive Technology Specialists who provide a range of related services to meet individual ergonomic and assistive technology needs.
We provide our services in a variety of settings including the office environment, home and/or school, or at our fully-equipped Solutions Assistive Technology Lab (SATL).
We work to find the most effective ergonomic and/or assistive technology solutions to meet each individual’s specific needs.
Our services are offered on a fee-for-service basis to individual or corporate clients.
What we can do for you
Our services are designed to assist individuals to stay in the workforce or re-enter the workforce with suitable workplace accommodations. This may involve the set-up of a workstation, a change in work habits, or the selection of assistive technology to accommodate specific needs. These same services can assist an individual at home or at school.
Our services include:
- Assistive technology assessments
- Ergonomic assessments
- Worksite accommodations recommendations
- Home evaluations
- Preventative ergonomic care
- Assistive technology equipment trials
- Assistive technology training
- Customized training in voice recognition technology
- One-handed keyboarding training
- Personalized computer training
- Educational workshops
- Technical support for assistive technology
- Transition planning using Assistive Technology
- Elementary to secondary
- Secondary to post-secondary and/or the workplace
- Post-secondary to the workplace
- Workplace to workplace
- Enter or re-enter the workplace
We approach each client individually and we thoroughly assess their needs. Our solutions are well thought out, realistic and have proven long term benefits with positive results.
Our knowledge and experience
With over 30 years of experience, our team offers a unique combination of skills, knowledge, and training.
We have an excellent reputation for:
- Meeting the needs of people with disabilities
- Providing well researched technological expertise
- Providing timely, efficient, cost-effective, and well documented services
- Having excellent product knowledge as a result of ongoing use and evaluation
We have experience accommodating people with a wide range of impairments, injuries, and disabilities, including:
- RSI and musculoskeletal disorders
- Soft tissue injuries
- Mobility impairments
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Low vision
- Learning disabilities
- Neurological impairments
Services differ slightly by region. For more information about Solutions and the type of ergonomic and assistive technology services available in your region, please contact:
400 – 3999 Henning Drive
Burnaby, BC V5C 6P9
Toll Free 1.855.568.4926
201 – 2206 Dewdney Avenue
Regina, SK S4R 1H3
Suite 150, 34 Colonnade Road
Ottawa, ON K2E 7J6
Suite 104, 440 Wilsey Road
Fredericton, NB E3B 7G5