Full Time Position: Job Developer
Neil Squire Society, Burnaby, BC
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that provides employment programs, computer tutoring, online services and assistive technology solutions for persons with disabilities. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire Society is presently hiring for their Working Together for Employers & Enhancing Employability (WTEEE) program, a federally funded project.
We are currently seeking a Job Developer to work full-time at our Burnaby Office in our Working Together with Employers & Enhancing Employability (WTEEE) program. Under the direction of the Manager, Employment Programs, the Job Developer is responsible for building lasting relationships with local employers to create long term employment opportunities for clients. The Job Developer will also work collaboratively with another Job Developer, Case Managers and Career Facilitators to support clients in securing and maintaining employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with a Job Developer, Case Managers and Career Facilitators in understanding needs and occupational goals of clients and implement strategies for securing employment.
- Prepare participants for employment marketing and provide job search assistance and marketing support
- Identify appropriate job leads and assist clients to access the hidden job market; support transition into employment; liaise with employers in order to generate employment leads
- Attend local tradeshows/conferences, networking opportunities and other community events
- Market wage subsidy and non-wage subsidy employer services
- Negotiate and prepare wage subsidy agreements, prepare employer documents and other required documents as needed
- Provide ongoing follow-up support to clients and employers, as needed
- Enter all program notes and job development activities into appropriate database; maintain up-to-date employer and client database
- Ensure all reporting for the program and other information pertaining to client documentation are completed on time and maintained in adherence to policies and procedures
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma in Social Sciences or a related field and/or CDP Certificate OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is asset .
- Strong sales and marketing experience is an asset and will be considered if candidate does not have relevant education, training and experience.
- Must have valid BC driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Strong sales, marketing and/or placement skills
- Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition.Strong computer skills using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be willing to follow instructions and work well in teams.
- Organized and able to work with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Work Schedule – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours week
- Salary range: Competitive with market and acumen
- Application Deadline: Immediate
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating Job Developer to the attention of Manager, Employment Programs. Email resume or fax resume to:
or fax – 604-473-9361
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.