Part Time Position: Case Manager
Neil Squire Society, Burnaby, BC
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that provides employment programs, computer tutoring, online services and assistive technology solutions for persons with disabilities. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire Society is presently hiring for their Solutions for Employment (SFE) program, a provincially funded project.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Case Manager to work part-time at our Burnaby office in our Solutions for Employment Program, an EPBC sub-contract which provides specialized case managed services for people with disabilities living in the Burnaby, BC area. The Case Manager will work collaboratively with other Case Managers and SFE staff in supporting clients in the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake assessments and initial needs determination with clients.
- Conduct one-on-one employment counseling and other assessments required using various assessment tools.
- Assist clients with vocational decision-making and development of job-seeking skills.
- Manage all aspects of client action plan. Develop, review and revise action plan as required.
- Refer clients for various assessments as required, including ergonomic, adaptive technology, and vocational assessments
- Work closely with and coordinate placement activity with other Case Managers, Facilitators and the Job Developer to ensure client vocational services plans are well articulated.
- Regularly monitor progress via Action Plan and update. Keep in close contact with every client. Ensure client progress is always up to date in program database.
- Ensure all statistics, case notes, reports, consents and other information pertaining to client documentation are completed on time and maintained in adherence to policies and procedures.
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences or a related field. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Career Practitioner Certificate or related certification is an asset.
- ICM experience and knowledge of EPBC policy and procedures is an asset but not required.
- Computer skills using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicative effectively both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be willing to follow instructions and work well in teams.
- Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible and able to deal effectively with change.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
- Additional language is an asset.
- Work Schedule: Part-time
- Posting Closing Date: Immediate
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating Part Time Case Manager Position to the attention of Manager, Employment Programs.
Email resume or fax resume to:
or fax – 604-473-9361
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.