Online Computer, Tablet, and Smartphone Tutoring for Persons with Disabilities
The Distance Computer Comfort Program offers free tutoring through a virtual classroom. Learn how to use your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone (including Android and Apple devices).
It is suitable for you if:
- You have a physical or sensory disability
- You are able to communicate independently (verbally or augmented)
How does it work?
You will be matched with a volunteer or staff member to work, once a week, on your own self-determined goals. You can learn to use:
- Basic computer skills (Windows and Mac)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Android (smartphone, tablet) and Apple (iPhone, iPad) devices and related apps
- Internet, including social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Assistive Technology programs such as screen readers (JAWS), screen magnification (ZoomText), and dictation (Dragon)
Benefits of the Program
- FREE to qualifying individuals
- Available across Canada and accessible from home
- Self-paced, client-centred learning
- Ongoing technical support
Volunteers play a very important role in the Distance Computer Comfort Program. Working one-on-one with participants via online, they make it possible for you to learn at your own pace and provide you with the guidance you need to reach your goals.
If you are located in Canada and would like to volunteer for our Distance Computer Comfort program – please complete this volunteer form.
For more information please contact:
T 1 877 673 4636