Assisting with organizational databases, websites and other technical or data management projects.
Want to be part of an energetic, passionate, and progressive workplace? Looking to advance your computer science skills in a fun, hands-on environment whilst making a difference in your community? BC Wheelchair Basketball Society is looking for you!
BC Wheelchair Basketball Society (BCWBS) (new window) is a provincial sport and not for profit organization dedicated to supporting the development, promotion, and growth of wheelchair basketball by providing quality leadership, programs, and services for all who wish to participate, from children to seniors. Wheelchair basketball is an integrated sport and welcomes athletes with a wide range of disabilities, as well as able-bodied players. Since its inception, the society has been a catalyst in creating awareness of disability issues and has provided support to wheelchair basketball programs throughout British Columbia.
Join our team as an Intern!
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and detail oriented individual to assist us with work on our new database and related projects. Work will include:
- Data entry and data clean up
- Devising and implementing creative strategies for ongoing data management
- Donor list development
- Server file reorganization
- Renewing content for the BCWBS website and the Lets Play website
- Some work with social media projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in computer sciences or related fields
- Experience with CRM/database systems such as Sales Force or similar is essential
- Practical organizational abilities and able to work independently
Other desirable attributes (but not necessarily required) are:
- Project management experience
- Experience interfacing with back-end web services
This paid internship will provide you with valuable and meaningful computer sciences experience.
We have recently installed SalesForce as our new database and CRM system and need someone who can help this busy ‘sport admin and delivery orientated ‘ team, to use it more efficiently and effectively and enter the data in a user friendly way! Our website is always in need of updating and assistance with this is also required. That way the BCWBS team can spend more time delivering effective and much needed services to our athletes, coaches and members.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and creative team, each with a different background and perspective. Although you’ll be supported by the entire team, we encourage our interns to take initiative, pitch ideas and develop concepts from start to finish.
Eligibility for Position:
As funding is partially provided through Innovation Science and Economic Development (ISED), you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a youth between the ages of 15 to 30 (inclusive)
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Persons who are family members of employees of the intern host organization are not eligible
- Cannot collect Employment Insurance (EI) benefits during the internship
- Must have completed at least 1 course at college or university
Hours: 24 hours/week
Internship Duration: start date Nov 7th or later and end date March 31st 2017
Work Location: 780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver, BC, V6P 5Y7 (between Oak + Cambie, 3 blocks from Canada Line SkyTrain “Marine Drive” station)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com the subject line: Computer Sciences Intern