Full Time Position: Administrative Clerk, Assistive Technology Services Program
Neil Squire Society, Kelowna, BC
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that empowers Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire Society is presently hiring for their Assistive Technology Program, a project funded by Ministry of Social Services.
Our Society operates the Assistive Technology Program on behalf of the Ministry of Social Services and Poverty Reduction (Province of BC). We provide services as part of the WorkBC Employment Services program, which includes service delivery to clients located in all communities in BC either in person, via outreach or virtually. We will deliver employment‑related assistive technology and disability support services to British Columbians facing disability related barriers to achieving or maintaining sustainable employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager/Program Administrator, the Administrative Clerk answers calls, field general queries about the program and ensures business practices are flowing properly. The Administrative Clerk is responsible for working on the online database (ICM), including handling the online employment services referrals, downloading and uploading referrals, administration of financial supports, invoicing, and reporting. The Administrative Clerk has various other duties and responsibilities as listed below.
- Respond to phone calls and emails from individuals and service providers seeking information on the program.
- Extensive work on the online database (ICM); there are various deadlines that must be met within 1 business day of receipt of a referral, service request and prospect match as well as other additional procedures that must be followed.
- Assist with determining appropriate employment-related disability supports for clients.
- Assist Practitioners with administrative aspects of determining appropriate employment related disability supports for clients, ensure all applicable procedures and processes are followed as per policy.
- Ensure each client’s file is complete and accurate including all information that is considered in assessing the client’s needs, employment-related disability supports, program participation supports and supporting rationale.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Strong, relevant work experience in administrative related work is needed.
- Excellent communications with front line staff is imperative as this position is key to the flow of information as a client moves from intake to assessment to acquisition to discharge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administration, computer and technical skills including MS Office.
- Scrupulous attention to detail is required as well as timing for all relevant milestone dates is extremely important.
- Must be fully apprised of confidentiality and privacy rules and legislation and not breach policies as per our contract (policies will be provided at hiring).
- Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must adhere to project outcomes, objectives and policies of the organization to ensure success.
- All professional credentials must be maintained.
- A criminal record check must be completed prior to commencing work and may be required each year thereafter.
- Previous experience working in employment programs and/or working with people with disabilities and other barriers to employment is an asset.
- Experience and competence with use of an online database system is a strong asset.
- Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation or related is a strong asset.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, full-time
- Location: Kelowna, BC
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating position to: email@example.com or fax to: 604-473-9361
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.