Position: Assistive Technology Assistant/Specialist (Full Time)
Location: Neil Squire Society – Neil Squire Solutions Program, Burnaby, BC
Start: April 2019 or earlier
The Assistive Technology Assistant/Specialist will provide expertise in assistive technology to people with a wide variety of disabilities. The Assistive Technology Assistant/Specialist will support the occupational therapy team in providing Assistive Technology evaluations and training to clients and staff of the Neil Squire Society.
- Conducting assistive technology equipment trials
- Assisting occupational therapists during assessments and equipment evaluations
- Compiling, researching and submitting extensive reports
- Strong assistive technology research skills
- Coordinating equipment procurement and acquisition
- Conducting assistive technology training sessions to individual clients or groups
- Developing appropriate lesson plans for training sessions
- Maintaining a client training schedule
- Maintaining client records, utilizing a case management system
- Maintaining the assistive technology equipment in the Solutions Assistive Technology Lab
- Strong presentation skills for presentations for a variety of audiences; employers, conferences, etc.
- Minimum a diploma in the field of disability or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Assistive Technology Professional designation would be an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the field working with clients with disability
- Strong interest in assistive technology
- Experience with assistive technology devices and software would be an asset
- Superior interpersonal relations, communication, problem-solving, time management, computer and documentation skills are mandatory
- Strong report writing and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for use throughout the Lower Mainland
- Willingness to travel throughout British Columbia
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm; however, occasional weekend or evening work may be required. We offer competitive salary with benefits, opportunities for participation in conferences and continuing education.
Please visit the Neil Squire Society website for company information.
If this opportunity matches your interests and experience, please forward a resume with a cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.