We are currently seeking a Business Liaison Facilitator to work full-time at each of our different offices in our Working Together Program. Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Business Liaison Facilitator is responsible for creating awareness among employers for hiring people with disabilities and promoting our government assisted wage subsidy program. The Business Liaison Facilitator is responsible for supporting activities that assist businesses in addressing their labour market needs and makes connections between the job seekers and employers. This individual will lead projects that focus on the business/employer community. This individual works collaboratively with the Job Developer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Raise awareness within the business community of the benefits of tapping into the Working Together Program for their future hiring and/or employment needs by developing a community marketing plan and conducting local marketing activities to increase public awareness of this program.
– Raise awareness for hiring people with disabilities by presenting marketing materials to business, partner organizations, attending workshops/seminars and other events.
– Work with Communications Manager at Burnaby Head office to develop marketing materials for the program, including flyers, brochures, power point presentations and other methods to advertise project and job placement activities.
– Develop and implement a major, local Job Fair once per year, from ground up.
– Collect data related to participation rates and gather feedback from employers and job seekers; thoroughly complete required reporting for this event.
– Target employers and generate job leads for clients working with Job Developer.
– Develop and maintain effective communication networks among local team, stakeholders, non-profit groups, employers, contractors and interest groups. Work closely with local partners to organize agendas, publicity, speakers for individual events.
– Collect and disseminate local/regional and provincial economic labour market information, network/collaborating with variety of stakeholders.
– Represent Working Together Program through participating in local job fairs, board of trade meetings, and through online social network mediums such as LinkedIn and Twitter and other initiatives.
– Utilize technology to facilitate connecting job seekers and employers.
– Complete other activities as directed by the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline (such as communications, public relations, marketing or journalism). Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
– Recent and relevant experience as a Business Liaison Facilitator or related work – specific experience working with people with disabilities and other barriers to employment is an asset.
– Solid understanding of labour market and employer needs.
– Strong networking and marketing skills.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as public speaking and presentation skills.
– Exceptional planning and writing skills with attention to detail.
– Must have strong organization, coordination and time management skills to effectively manage workload.
– Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
– Must have ability to follow instructions and work well in teams.
– Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition.
– Windows platform, MS Office required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Email, etc); Internet Explorer for research and communication and Social Networking.
– Must have a BC driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle.
– Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check.
– Additional language is encouraged.
– Work Schedule – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours week (evening and weekends may be required occasionally)
– Salary range: Competitive
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating Business Liaison Facilitator to the attention of Program Manager.
Email resume or fax resume to:
Head Office & Western Regional Office
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all that apply.