Full Time Position: Computer Comfort Coordinator
Neil Squire, Regina, Saskatchewan
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that provides employment programs, computer tutoring, online services and assistive technology solutions for persons with disabilities.
Reporting to the Prairie Regional Manager, the Computer Comfort Coordinator delivers and facilitates effective digital literacy skills and support for internal and community-based clients in a manner consistent with the Society’s mission, vision, guiding principles and policies. Must adhere to project outcomes, objectives, milestones and policies to ensure success.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, supervises and delivers digital literacy programming to Neil Squire clients with, disabilities onsite and by distance learning, following all program guidelines. Ensures ethics and standards of adult education-based program delivery are maintained
- Work with participants in a group and one-on-one, to encourage individual clients to work independently within a cooperative, supportive learning environment;
- Recruit and interview, train, supervise and schedule volunteers and participants for the computer comfort programming with special consideration to which client and volunteer best suits together
- Ensures all intake, assessment, entry and exit action plans, and forms required by funder, are completed. Ensures client outcomes and Action Plans adhere to Neil Squire Society policy and include objectives, goals and actions which are measurable, action-oriented and time specific
- Reviews, updates and records case notes, and attendance records on the online reporting system, for participants to ensure entries are made a minimum of once every two weeks and to track volunteer hours
- Develop and continue referral partnerships in the community with discussion of possible referrals to our agency
- Must be fully knowledgeable about the social, health and other issues facing people with disabilities in Canada
- Must be client centered and have a holistic approach to employment planning
- Must be a good listener and be willing to individually counsel participants as required re: employment options/considerations
- Proven knowledge of word processing, office computer applications and the Internet
- Knowledge and experience in principles of adult education, disability issues, current labour market, social policy issues and other issues related to employment
- Knowledge of assistive devices and their application
- Understanding of government policies, procedures and program funding mechanisms
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences or a related field and/or CDP Certificate. Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Facilitation experience is required
- Knowledge and experience of employment counseling and disabilities is a strong asset
- Experience conducting various needs assessments
- Knowledge of various assessment tools and community resources
- Advanced computer skills using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Familiar with online learning tools
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Successful Criminal Record Check
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating Computer Comfort Coordinator, Regina, Saskatchewan to the attention of Nikki Langdon, Prairie Regional Manager. Email resume to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to take phone calls or emails about your application status. Thank you to all that apply.