Title: Computer Science Intern
Employer: Neil Squire Society
The Neil Squire Society uses technology to empower people with physical disabilities. Our programs and services connect people with disabilities to appropriate technology, develop their skills, and then connect participants to employment, education or other community engagement.
The Computer Science Intern will work closely with the Director of Development and the Director of Communications. Currently, there are number of web-based data management and communication tools that enable and inform the organization’s communication, fundraising and community engagement. These tools include Salesforce, Mailchimp, Apsona, Formstack, Cazoomi, LinkPoint and Excel. Some integrations work well but others have room for improvements. The successful candidate will work with us to clean and migrate data, investigate existing and new apps to improve workflows, and utilizing various web-based software to assist in marketing, communication and fundraising campaigns.
As part of our mission statement and the funding agreement with the government, priority will be given to students that have a disability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sanitize and port data from Excel and other sources into web-based CRM (Salesforce).
- Analysis and visualization of information for dsahboards and reports
- Integrate web-based forms into CRM.
- Investigate features of existing and new web-based communication and engagement tools and support growth and adoption of features.
- Customize CRM. to meet needs of users.
- Use external research databases as well as internal databases to identify funding opportunities.
- Test and document workflows, customizations and other procedures and processes related to digital record management.
- Document interactions with prospects and donors.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Post-secondary education programming in Computer Science or other related field.
- Demonstrated research and documentation skills.
- Prior experience with CRM. software (example: Salesforce) and mass email software (example: MailChimp) an asset but not mandatory.
- Prior experience working with web-based APIs and integrations an asset.
Eligibility for Position:
As funding is partially provided through Canada Summer Jobs, the successful candidate must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Foreign students are not eligible) and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Neil Squire Society
400 – 3999 Henning Drive
Burnaby, BC V5C 6P9
Dates: May 9, 2016 – August 17, 2016
Pay: $18.00 an hour, 35 hours a week.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Chad Leaman, email@example.com
Subject: Summer Jobs Application – Computer Science
Application Deadline: 5/25/2016