Full Time Position: Job Developer
Neil Squire, Burnaby, BC
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that empowers Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire Society is presently hiring for their Employment Program and seeking a Job Developer.
Under the direction of the National Program Manager, the Job Developer is responsible for building lasting relationships with local employers to create long-term employment opportunities for clients. The Job Developer will also work collaboratively with the Employment Program Case Managers, Career Facilitators and other Job Developers to support clients in securing and maintaining employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Employment Program team in understanding the needs and occupational goals of clients and implement strategies for securing employment.
- Prepare participants for employment marketing and provide job search assistance and marketing support.
- Provide participants with direct and indirect marketing support including cold calls and follow up calls.
- Identify appropriate job leads and assist clients to access the hidden job market; support transition into employment; liaise with employers in order to generate employment leads.
- Market wage subsidy and non-wage subsidy employer services.
- Negotiate and prepare wage subsidy agreements, prepare employer documents and other required documents as needed.
- Assist with wage subsidy balance maintenance and updating the projection tracker.
- Review and process payroll documents for BC.
- Maintain filing systems of wage subsidy related documents.
- Attend local tradeshows/conferences, networking opportunities and other community events.
- Provide ongoing follow-up support to clients and employers, as needed
- Enter all program notes and job development activities into appropriate database; maintain up-to-date employer and client databases
- Ensure all reporting for the program and other information pertaining to client documentation are completed on time and maintained in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Other additional duties will be assigned as needed.
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma in Social Sciences or a related field and/or CDP Certificate OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is an asset.
- Previous experience working in employment programs and/or working with people with disabilities and other barriers to employment is an asset.
- Strong sales and marketing experience is an asset.
- Understanding of labour market and employment needs is required.
- Must have valid BC driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check is a requirement.
Other Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to work with clients with disabilities utilizing a result-oriented focus combined with patience.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and overcome the challenges associated with working with multi-barriered clients.
- Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition.
- Organized and able to work with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong administration, computer and technical skills including MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must adhere to project outcomes, objectives, milestones and policies of the organization to ensure success.
- Work Schedule – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours week
- Salary range: Competitive with market
- Application Deadline: Immediate
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating Job Developer to the attention of National Program Manager. Email resume to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to take phone calls or emails about your application status. Thank you to all that apply.