Position: Occupational Therapist (Full Time)
Location: Neil Squire Society, Burnaby, BC
Start: April 2019 or earlier
Neil Squire Society is currently looking for an experienced full time occupational therapist to join our team. Neil Squire Society’s team of occupational therapists and assistive technology specialists provide a range of ergonomic and assistive technology services to meet individual referral requests. We provide our services in a variety of settings including the office environment, home and/or school, or at our Solutions Assistive Technology Lab (SATL).
- Conducting ergonomic assessments
- Conducting assistive technology assessments
- Case management
- Collaborating with vocational rehabilitation specialists and case managers
- Compiling, researching and submitting extensive reports
- Coordinating equipment procurement and ordering
- Coordinating training schedules with assistive technology specialist staff
- Maintaining client records, utilizing a case management system
- Strong presentation skills for presentations for a variety of audiences; employers, conferences, etc.
- A university degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists would be an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Strong interest in ergonomics and assistive technology
- Superior interpersonal relations, communication, problem-solving, time management, computer and documentation skills are mandatory
- Strong report writing and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for use throughout the Lower Mainland
- Willingness to travel throughout British Columbia
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm; however, occasional weekend or evening work may be required. We offer competitive salary with benefits, and opportunities for participation in conferences and continuing education.
Please visit the Neil Squire Society website for company information.
If this opportunity matches your interests and experience, please forward a resume with a cover letter by March 15, 2019: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.