Full Time Position: Senior Case Manager
Neil Squire, Burnaby, BC
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that empowers Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, the Neil Squire Society is presently hiring for their Employment Program and seeking a Senior Case Manager.
Under the direction of the National Program Manager, the Senior Case Manager is responsible for recruitment, intake process and case management of clients. The Senior Case Manager develops and revises action plans as needed to help participants meet their employment needs and goals. The Senior Case Manager works collaboratively with Career Facilitators, Job Developers, and other Case Managers to support client’s employment goals and action plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to phone calls and emails from individuals and service providers seeking information on the program.
- Screen clients for eligibility/suitability for program.
- Conduct intake assessments and initial needs determination with clients.
- Conduct one-on-one and group-based employment counseling sessions and administer assessments required using various career assessment tools.
- Develop realistic and appropriate action plans for participants, review and revise action plans as required.
- Manage all aspects of client action plan and refer client to other services as appropriate.
- Keep in close contact with every client. Ensure client progress is always up to date in program database.
- Set up Moodle Account for new clients.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss program delivery and client progress.
- Work collaboratively with Career Facilitators, other Case Managers and Job Developers.
- Assist Job Developer with wage subsidy agreements, projections, and communications with Employers.
- Enter all case notes and client activities into appropriate database; maintain up-to-date employer and client trackers.
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems of client files.
- Assist with preparing detailed monthly and quarterly reporting on recruitment activities, client progress, success story and project progress, in accordance with program procedures for submission to funders.
- Ensure all statistics, case notes, reports, consents, and other information pertaining to client documentation are completed on time and maintained in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and maintain positive relationships with community partners and organizations.
- Attend conferences, networking opportunities and other community events.
- Other additional duties will be assigned as needed.
Education, Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma in Social Sciences or a related field and/or CDP Certificate OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is an asset.
- Experience in employment counseling, case management and conducting various needs assessments is a strong asset.
- Ability to work with clients with disabilities utilizing a result-oriented focus combined with patience.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems and overcome the challenges associated with working with multi-barriered clients.
- Adaptive to ongoing change, flexible, creative and able to deal effectively with transition.
- Knowledge of various assessment tools and community resources.
- Strong administration, computer and technical skills including MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Record Check is a requirement.
- Must adhere to project outcomes, objectives, milestones and policies of the organization to ensure success.
- Work Schedule – Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours week
- Salary range: Competitive with market
- Application Deadline: Immediate
Please forward a resume and cover letter indicating Senior Case Manager to the attention of National Program Manager. Email resume to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Unfortunately, we are not able to take phone calls or emails about your application status. Thank you to all that apply.