Senior Accountant/Payroll Specialist
Neil Squire Society, Burnaby, BC
Neil Squire Society is a Canadian national not-for-profit organization that empowers Canadians with disabilities through the use of computer-based assistive technologies, research and development, and various employment programs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant/Payroll Specialist to work full-time (37.5 hours/week) at our head office in Burnaby, BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Process accurate and timely administration of payroll and associated benefits.
- Prepare monthly payroll and month-end journal entries.
- Prepare quarterly WCB reporting for BC, SK, ON and NB.
- Track and prepare management reports on vacation and sick time.
- Prepare monthly GST/HST and PST filings.
- Assist in preparing internal financial statements and variance analyses for the board.
- Assist in preparing annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Liaise with auditors and assist in overseeing internal and external audits.
- Prepare year-end working papers.
- Assist in preparation and administration of annual budget and forecasts.
- Provide recommendations on streamlining accounting procedures.
- Special ad hoc projects as assigned.
Experience, Education and Other Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA designation or near completion.
- PCP certification would be an asset.
- 5 years of experience as a Senior Accountant or in a similar role and preferably in a not for profit/charity sector.
- Knowledge of Sage 300 ERP and ADP.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administration, computer and technical skills including MS Office.
- Well-organized, highly motivated with the ability to meet multiple and tight deadlines.
- Criminal record check.
- Competitive salary based on education and experience.
- Eligible for extended health and dental benefits after 3 months.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year.
Please submit your application (cover letter and resume) along with your salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday, December 18, 2018.
While we thank everyone for applying for this position, only those most suitable for the position will be contacted for an interview.