- This event has passed.
Workshop: Integrating 3D-printed Assistive Technology into Occupational Therapy with Makers Making Change
June 24, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Neil Squire Society’s Makers Making Change (new window) team, in partnership with Aaron Yurkewich (an MMC volunteer and Ph.D candidate at U of T/Toronto Rehab Hospital) will be holding a workshop at Rehab Week (new window).
Date, time, and location are TBD.
- Familiarize attendees with 3D printing technology and its capabilities
- Gain understanding of how 3D-printed assistive technology devices can be customized
- Assess existing 3D-printed assistive technology with regard to their own occupational therapy practice
- Discuss and develop the outline of a client-centred strategy for development and use of these technologies
- Introduce attendees to the work of Makers Making Change and encourage continued participation in the project