What is the Solutions Assistive Technology Lab?
The Solutions Assistive Technology Lab enables people to evaluate a wide range of alternative computer input and output devices. Such devices include:
- Alternative keyboards
- Alternative screen pointers (mice)
- Screen magnification
- Voice input
- Voice output
Who can use the service?
The Lab was designed to assist individuals in the following groups:
- Repetitive strain injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Orthopedic or neurological conditions that affect the function of the upper extremities
- Auto-immune conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injury
- Vision impairments
- Assessment: to determine the most effective assistive technology intervention
- Equipment Trial and evaluation: evaluating the assistive technology over a period of several hours to ensure it works for the client
- Equipment Training: training in the operation of the assistive technology
For more information about Neil Squire Solutions please visit Solutions.