You can bring Makers Making Change to your community in two ways: by becoming a Community Champion or by starting a Community Chapter.
Sign up as a Community Champion
- Raise awareness through hosting a presentation at your workplace or in your community
- Distribute our pamphlet to maker and disability groups in your region
- Help identify interested parties and user needs
- Express interest in being a Community Champion here (new window)
Sign up to start a Community Chapter
- Use your makerspace, classroom or club as a hub for 3D printing and/or building of projects requested from our open source Projects Library
- Lead events and workshops: engage makers and/or disability professionals in fun meetups that help identify device needs, teach maker skills and build community between these groups
- Express interest in starting a Community Chapter here (new window)
Our Low-Tech AT Kit, which includes (clockwise from top right): bottle opener, palm pen holder, ball pen holder, key turner, nail clipper
Shortly after we review your application, we’ll send you some documents to read over followed by a quiz. Once you successfully complete the quiz, you will be given access to marketing materials, template emails, presentations, and outreach materials to start making connections in your community.
Questions? Please reach out to Zee Kesler, Makers Making Change Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
We appreciate all the help! We couldn’t do what we do without volunteers who contribute their time and skills.