Volunteer Position: Computer Tutor
To work with program participants on computer learning activities. In partnership with participants and the program coordinator/instructor, the Computer Tutor strives to increase each participant’s level of comfort and independence with computer technology. Computer Tutors work within the Computer Comfort under the Program Coordinator.
- Assist participants with computer learning activities
- Answer participants’ questions as needed
- Develop lesson plans and activities
- Review covered material regularly
- Monitor participant’s progress and inform program coordinator/instructor
- Meet regularly with program coordinator/instructor to report participants progress and receive feedback on tutoring.
- Log hours spent tutoring
- Good to advanced computer skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Teaching or tutoring experience is an advantage
- Improved computer knowledge and teaching skills
- Experience with disability and adaptive technology
- Telephone referral after one month, letter after three months
Two hours weekly (minimum) for a minimum of three months.
If you would like to volunteer for our Computer Comfort program – please complete this volunteer form
Or contact the regional office nearest you:
Computer Comfort Program Coordinator
T 604 473 9363
306 781 6023
Any activities performed outside this Volunteer Position Outline and/or performed outside scheduled times are not part of this program.